Hey guys, I’m back! This week’s post, as you can tell by the title, is all about the fashion trends of the season and my opinions on them!
A lot of the trends I found came from ‘elle’. The magazines web page posted 13 of the most popular fashion trends for Spring/Summer 2017 from new York fashion week, which I will link right here > http://www.elle.com/fashion/trend-reports/g28728/spring-2017-fashion-trends/? <
- Seaside stripes – Personally, this has to be my favourite spring/summer trend for 2017. I love how fresh and colourful yet minimal this look is! It’s the perfect look for a walk down the beach or a lunch date with the girls, i’ll definitely be rocking this look this spring/summer. A great place to shop for the nicest seaside stripes Is definitely http://www.patternbank.co.uk
- khaki – I’ve loved this trend for around a year now. Obviously Khaki hasn’t just appeared on the fashion scene but it’s most definitely making it’s way in big time for the Spring/Summer season! This is one look I’ll most definitely be jumping on the band waggon for! I’ve always found some amazing khaki clothing items from new look!
- Lemon Yellow – This trend seems to make me unrealistically cheery, I think the colour yellow has a special way of making the world look like a brighter place, especially the shade that all of you beauties seem to be rocking this Spring/Summer! I for one am 100% on board for this trend. You can find some lovely items in all of your high street shops for this one!
- Banker Stripes – Now, this trend is slightly growing on me, although I’m still not 100% on board with this one. I feel like some of the items within this trend look like something I could rock although others remind me of working a 9-5 office job 5 days a week! I think this is the kind of trend that I’ve started off hating but will end up wearing it along side the rest of you lovelies! ASOS has a lot of lovely banker stripe-y items for all of you fantastic people!
- Slit Sleeves – I am absolutely loving this trend if I do say so myself! At first, I was sceptical about it but I feel like wearing the right style within it makes all the difference! This one little change can make such a big difference to one item, as you can see from the picture above, you can take a normal long sleeve top and turn it into night out material just by slitting the sleeves! I’ve found others like this on Boohoo and New Look!
- ‘Iron On’ Rose Patches – This trend blew up all at once and to me it’s definitely a favourite! It looks like someone’s took a normal item of clothing/shoes and just ironed on so much detail, it’s amazed me with how much of a difference it actually makes doing something so small! This is another trend that New Look have definitely taken onto quickly for sure. My favourites got to be the white shirts with ‘ironed on’ rose patches. Something that once looked so plain can be made to look so different by this one trend! Even if you don’t want to spend a lot on it, you’re more than able to buy the patches and DIY it!
- White Shirt Dress – Now that I’ve mentioned this trend within the rose patches, it would be rude not to bring this one up too, right? Because this is definitely another one of my faves! Much like the picture above, I feel like adding a thin matching ‘belt’ to one of these white shirt dresses makes a lot of difference! It adds shape and the effect of a thinner waist which is always a bonus. You can find these almost anywhere, but one of my favourites is definitely Topshop or PrettyLittleThing.com
- Aviator Sunglasses – I recently bought a pair of these in rose gold from New Look (you can tell its one of my favourite stores) and they’re definitely my favourite shape of sunglasses ever! I’ve never suited sunglasses, like those girls who take cute af selfies with their sunglasses on. I’ve always wondered why, but these would suit anyone. Especially as I found them in rose gold, the two together is most definitely a dream come true for me!
- Waist Clincher – Well, I’ve got to admit. I’m not too keen on this trend if I do say so myself. I, like most girls, own one of these. But I wear it under my clothes in order to make me look slimmer or like I’ve actually got a thinner waist! This trend most definitely isn’t for me but that’s not to say you won’t be rocking it this year!
- Fold over Waist – I only came across this trend when I was researching for this post, but it’s most definitely appealing to me! I love my high-waisted jeans etc but this trend has just made them look ever better! if you can find these anywhere please let me know!
- Fishnet tights under Ripped Jeans – Although this ones been around for a while, I felt like I had to add it to this post, purely so that I could talk about it, because I love this look so much! We’ve all been there, where we’ve worn tights under jeans because it’s unbearably cold. But I’ve never done it just because it looks good! Until now, that is. This look has definitely won me over for the last few months. You can wear it anywhere too! Nights out, shopping, anywhere, it’ll always look good!
- Robes – This one is my favourite yet least favourite. Like, I absolutely love the thought of being able to walk about in my nightwear, and wish it was acceptable. But, its just not, is it? these models say differently anyway! Although I’d love to walk down the street and see locals wearing their robes!
These are just a few of the trends for this spring/summer that I’ve seen and think you should all see too! If you have any you’d like to share with me, feel free to do so!
lots of love xo